Monday, January 09, 2006

Gee, thanks

I was in bed the other night and invited my dog Zoey to jump in and hang out for a bit. She was being her usual affectionate self, but after a few minutes I noticed she was really into the pillow. Unusually so. Sniffing it loudly, with extreme interest, I'd say. Nothing could distract her from getting a very detailed scent of that pillow.

I didn't know what she was so interested in, except maybe the pillow smells like me. I flatter myself. I am lying next to my pillow, how can it smell more like me than I do?

It starts to dawn on me... Several times I have given Zoey a bone, and seen her carry it off upstairs, I assume to chew it. But that evening I find it untouched, under my pillow.

So I finally realize "oh, it's probably a bone she stashed there." So I reach under the pillow, and pull out... a piece of cornbread.

She had gotten into the trash, taken the cornbread, and stuffed it under my pillow. Who is she hiding it from? Other imaginary dogs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home