Tuesday, May 10, 2005

White Lake results are in

They finally posted the triathlon full results (they take 2 days to get the relay splits so I can find out how I did relative to other swimmers). Let the analysis begin.

Out of 660 swimmers, I was 19th overall. Which is ok - depending on how I look at it, I can feel good or bad about it. I beat 95% of the competition. That's good! But nearly all the swimmers who beat me went on to do a 56 mile bike and a half marathon. That's bad. But open water swimming was never my forte anyway. That's good! The lake contained potassium benzoate.

That's bad.

(Sorry, I have this compulsive disorder where I insert references to "The Simpsons" in everything I say. Even though I know that most likely no one will get it. But at least I picked a popular quote.)

I just have to remember the goal was to help the relay. The relay won, so I say, mission accomplished.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you will always be #1 in my book.

i bet you were the fastest of the 3 swimmers who didn't wear a wetsuit!

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning the relay

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home