Tuesday, May 24, 2005

It's been a banner week - lots of Congratulations and Good Luck

Thank you, thank you so much. It means so much to me. I just want to thank everyone who made this moment possible.

What am I being congratulated for, you might ask? Uh, no, I didn't get promoted. No, I didn't get a Ph.D.

No, No. I thought you would have guessed by now. Let me just tell you. I bought movie tickets! I really can't take all the credit, it was a team effort. If Ariel hadn't loaned me four bucks and instructed me on the proper use of a web browser, I wouldn't be getting congratulated at all.

It's been a heckuva week. Just the other day I was wished "Good luck" by the nice people at ebay. And I needed it! I almost wasn't one of the lucky ones. That object I so prized was slipping away. But then, out of nowhere, inspiration struck! I upped my bid! The strategy worked - the "I (Heart) Lesbos" T-shirt was mine! What a fun game.


congrats, originally uploaded by weissjeffm.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And it was so nice of you to thank all of the people who helped you along the way.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Pretty brilliant strategy by corporate america. Spending money, even a few dollars, is a "congratulations" worthy event. Feel the endorphins, America! Associate it with opening your wallet!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home