Monday, June 06, 2005

Mmmm... nostalgic


pinball_number_count, originally uploaded by weissjeffm.

I wonder if this video is better known to my generation than something like "Billie Jean". I hadn't seen it in 20-some odd years. Ah Sesame Street. I shudder to think what my life would be like now, if it had never existed.

It's bizarre watching this - I wouldn't have been able to tell you what was in it beforehand (besides a pinball), but it is all still very familiar, even after 20+ years. I had no idea that it was the Pointer Sisters who did the song. It's also strange seeing landmarks like the Golden Gate bridge and Mt. Rushmore. I definitely remember them, but back then it was just a red bridge and a statue of old men's faces. I didn't know they represented something in the real world. Kind of like how I thought Sesame Street songs (like "Letter B", and "Goodness Gracious, 8 Balls of Fur") were all original.

Enjoy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember seeing that video on Sesame Street. I'm sure there was a lot of other stuff on that show that went over the heads of children. That's why we never minded watching it with you.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home